Friday, February 6, 2009
I just received the call from the scheduling desk at Childrens. Paul is now scheduled to get the Hydrogen Breath Test for next Monday. It is a strict no carb, no fiber, no dairy diet 24 hours prior to the test. It will take approx. 4 hours to complete one test and then we have to go back individually for the other two tests with the same format on other days. It was such a joy to find out they only do these tests on Mondays and Thursdays, and the women is off for the 16th, so the next availability is Feb. 23rd and March 2nd. (I am still a little sarcastic). Each test has to be a week apart. The three tests are glucose, lactose intolerance and the third is to find a bacteria. He cannot be on any meds two weeks prior to the tests. I was really hoping to get him some relief with a pain med. or something. It is excrutiating to think we will have possibly another month to find out what is going on. The Dr. doesn't think the extra bowel is causing his stomach issues, and if these tests come back fine, we are going to be at a complete loss. He is exhausted and is really starting to get depressed. He just wants relief from this constant pain and nausea. Please pray.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jennifer, We are praying for a diagnosis, comfort & healing for Paul and strength for your family. Please let us know if we can help out in any way. This is a great idea to keep everyone updated. I think of Paul often and wonder how everything is going. It will be good way to know how we can be praying. God Bless!
ReplyDeleteJen,
ReplyDeleteI had no idea about any of this. I can't believe he is 11 and going thru all of this. We will keep Paul Jr. in our prayers and stay strong for that big guy! He needs you and answers will come.Give him a big hug from us and let him know we are thinking about him.
Love Terri
Jennifer - I have been meaning to call you back for an update...reading this I can only imagine the strain you are feeling (and little Paul!) Surely the Lord is walking with you through all this. Now, if you are frazzled can we help at all with meals or visits from our fold members? What CAN Paul eat?
ReplyDeleteJennifer-
ReplyDeletePlease let me know what I can do to help. Call me if you can. Debbie
Jen,
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear about Paul's illness. Our family also will pray and think of a way we can bring comfort and joy to such a sweet boy. Tell him Drew sends his best wishes as we all do.
Jen, Paul, Paul jr and Lauren,
ReplyDeleteWe are so sorry to hear what you have been going through as a family. Give Paul a bear hug from all of us. Keep you strength and faith close to your heart. We will be in touch. God Bless! Love, The Redelijks
Jennifer-
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing this information with all of us. What a privelege to know in detail how we can all pray for your family and circle around you all. I cannot even imagine how frustrating and tiring all of this is for you all. What a great idea to use the blog. I am praying for answers, healing and endurance. You are close in my heart & thoughts. Love, Gina Z-Brown