Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Going Back to the Basics
After doing more research on Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Paul and I have discovered some interesting information regarding acidosis. Our bodies are constantly trying to neutralize the acidity and alkalinity levels in our bodies to maintain health. If we have too much acid build up over time, this can cause serious illness and disease. It is vitally important to have a proper ratio between acid and alkaline foods in the diet. Alkalis neutralize acidity in the body to maximize resistance to disease. I am researching alkaline and acid forming foods. Most of Paul's diet right now consists of acid forming foods. I am also researching the sympathetic and parasympathetic systems. I have found out Paul is a slow oxidizer and sympathetic dominant. Fast oxidizing foods and nutrients should be a part of his diet which include niacin, magnesium, folic acid, Vitamin C and generous amounts of leafy greens, fruit, broccoli and potatoes. This would explain all of his complications including weakness and fatigue considering he is not supposed to be eating the leafy greens, fruits and broccoli along with the alkaline foods including carrots, raisins, cantaloupe, watermelon, apples, grapes, peaches, etc. He is now eating all acid forming foods like chicken, organ meat, nuts, natural cheese, and eggs. All fruit juices (natural) which we were told to avoid are highly alkaline. I am going to discuss options with the new MD/homeopathic Dr. after Paul's Meridian Test to find out our best options for his diet. It just seems ridiculous to me to cut everything out God created for our bodies to be healthy. It also makes sense that he would be experiencing the IBS since he is missing all of the fiber from the fruit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like things are getting much better! Thank God! I feel like I've had a major education from your Blog and I'm so proud that you have both put so much time & energy into getting SO MUCH information. IBS is so common, but for your young son to have this condition must have been a nightmare. My thoughts & prayers are with you daily. Keep up the good work and God bless. Love Aunt M
ReplyDelete