Monday, November 14, 2011
Passion
I love English proverbs. My new favorite is "never put off until tomorrow what you can do today." Recently, many thoughts have been entering my mind regarding what I thought could be attained or accomplished by the time I turned 40. With the internet and all of its various sources, skies the limit right? Well, for many years I think assumptions were clearly made in my mind that tomorrow will come and I will have time. My first priority has always been to be here for my children. They come first, and I will have time later to pursue my dreams and passions. My thoughts have been challenged lately, and I am wondering what exactly are my dreams and passion? Do I still have dreams and passion? If so, what are they and how can I seek to fulfill the desires that have been inbedded in my heart? After studying the Bible for close to 15 years, God has made very clear my number one passion is to tell others of his great love for them and to give them hope for a future. At heart, I would love to be a missionary. However, this mindset needs to start in the home and thanks to many amazing women who put value on the role, I have been able to have confidence motherhood is making a difference in their lives and the lives of their friends now and later. I feel that I have set my priorities straight by being here first and foremost for my children to teach them right from wrong and to be servant leaders in every capacity, whether at home or in the classroom or on the field in sports. Looking back over the past 15 years, I really don't really have any regrets. I have been doing what is most valuable and most important - instilling great biblical principles and values in their hearts for kingdom service which is the highest calling and utmost privilege a human being can have. I am delighted to say these years have been the most enriching years of my life, and I am so blessed and fortunate God have me an opportunity to experience motherhood. Hopefully, there will be many possibilities to share stories of the great miracles and testimonies of those who have come to faith and how they have walked despite hardship and challenge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment