Thursday, December 15, 2011
True Meaning of Life
As I have been reflecting on life, it is imperative and essential to mention there really is no life outside of having a union with Christ. In John 15 it describes the vine and the branches. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. All of life is really about God and everything he has done on our behalf. He enables all of life to work. Jesus laid his life down for us so that we shall live, and when we lay our lives down for him we gain eternal life in him. This begins a new life in him and suddenly life is never really the same again. Each day with him in our heart, he reminds us of his presence in some form. There hasn't been a day that has gone by since becoming a believer that I have not thought of him in some form or fashion within each 24 hour period. He desires our attention. When we are attentive, we get to learn what he has for us and he directs our path according to his will. Over the past 15 years, my life has gradually grown and changed spiritually. Although many days, I still feel challenged with feelings of unworthiness, rejection, shame and guilt, I am reminded in scripture that my sins have been washed clean and forgiven as far as the east is from the west. I have a new life in him worthy of love, acceptance and unconditional love that surpasses all understanding. I am now able to share this generous love I have been so graciously granted. Giving away this free love has brought many friendships and ministries my way and I have found great joy helping and loving others. So life really boils down to love for me. This is why I feel so passionate about Christian education. The more people that come to this realization of sacrifice Christ endured on the cross, the more people will be changed and engage the world for Christ. This gives great hope for a great future when one day there will be no more pain and suffering, no more tears and only great joy with a new heaven and a new earth. This is the true essence of life; living today for a better tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment