Thursday, January 5, 2012
Purses and Personalities
As I was going thru the drive-thru of Starbucks today, an interesting thought crossed my mind. I thought of all of the different purses on the market along with the manufacturers, designers, visionaries, and marketing specialists who made their displays possible. Years of research probably went into surveying women on their likes and dislikes and more research probably went into studying behavior and personalities. What if purses really do reflect personalities. Today, I am carrying a shimmery tote. Why was I drawn to this purse? What attributes did it have that were so desirable? Well, I picked a color that would go with basically anything I wear. Does this mean I am practical? I typically wear black, red, gray and different shades of brown. Well, I picked a shimmery gold and this hardly screams practical (although, it was for the holiday season.) The reason for the tote style is so I can throw anything in there and know that I will eventually find what I need. Does this mean I make more work for myself than necessary when I need something? These thoughts just flashed by in an instant, but today I felt the need to write them down. Just think of all of the different types of purses on the market, some are big, some are small, some are square, some are round, some have many pockets, some are simple, some are bright and some are dull, some are cheap, some are expensive. Does the purse you choose depict your preference and personality?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment