Wednesday, April 1, 2009
PI, Fructose Intolerance and the MRI
I called the pediatrician yesterday to ask her about PI. She had never heard about it. She asked me to fax over the information that I had and told me she would get back to me after doing some research herself. She said Strep Throat would not be considered one of the infections that would count. Even without the Strep Throat, Paul definately qualifies symptomatically with the bronchitis (twice last year) and ear infections (although most of those weren't this year, they were during infancy and toddlerhood). I am hoping she calls back today to tell me PI is NOT IT. It is just so hard for everyone to believe and understand why someone wouldn't have the ability to process a simple sugar. Most sugars have been completely eliminated for 6 weeks or so, and Paul still experiencing a tremendous amount of pain, nausea and misery. Paul Sr. and I both have been researching Fructose Intolerance. We both read even normal functioning individuals can't tolerate more than 35-50 g of Fructose. They gave Paul 45 g for his test. It just doesn't make any sense. 1/3 of us would probably flunk the test. I will wait to hear back from the pediatrician. His MRI went well last night. They said he may be dizzy today, so he is staying home this morning. I will post as soon as we hear. I don't suspect the pituitary to show anything though. It wouldn't be causing all of these GI issues.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Am just now getting back to catching up on young Paul and am amazed at what the Lord has enabled you to discover. I am thankful he is feeling a bit of relief but will continue to pray with you for more answers and for restoration for him. This past weekend our first granddaughter was born, Norah Elise, to our son Dan and his wife Liz, here in St. Louis. So as you can imagine our lives have been full of wonderful drama surrounding her birth and homecoming, along with family visits from out of town with us. Thinking of you, DeAnn
ReplyDelete