Sunday, February 15, 2009

More Tests

The Dr. called yesterday to see how Paul was doing. I asked him to list 5 things Paul can eat besides pineapple. He proceeded to tell me there was more information he needed to share with me but didn't want to overwhelm me with information the other day. He believes Paul is not metabolizing carbs or proteins either. YIKES. At this point, I am in tears, but he said "be strong, this is complicated and very complex but not impossible". He wants to see him tomorrow morning to do more work on him structurally, and then he wants to send me home with a urine kit to collect 24 hours worth. He can gather specifics on that test which can narrow it down some more. Paul really needs to take 6 multienzyme pills per day. He said those out of the 20 are the most crucial for his success. Yesterday, we put 2 in his buckwheat pancakes. He needs his carbs for energy and proteins for muscle. This is explains his weakness and fatigue. I have decided to follow the same diet, so he doesn't feel like he is the only one. Please pray for both of us!

2 comments:

  1. That's a brilliant idea to put his meds in the pancakes! Very sweet to eat buckwheat pancakes with him. It sounds so good to me this morning, but I'm not supposed to have pancakes (which of course I'd have to smother with syrup). Have to eat some oatmeal I guess. Hang in there...my prayers are with you, be stong and patient.God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer - we'll continue to pray for your family. Let us know if there's anything we can do.

    Bill & Callie Cahill

    ReplyDelete