Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Meal Planning
I am hoping buckwheat pancakes will be okay to feed him. I gave him oatmeal last night, and he was sooo sick doubled over in pain with frequent trips to the restroom. Today wasn't much better. We started with eggs and tea for breakfast and I gave him a piece of whole grain toast (which now realize was awful too). For lunch, he had pineapple (which is supposed to have equal amounts of glucose and fructose) and a salad with cheddar cheese and buttermilk dressing (didn't do so well with that either) and now he is having buckwheat pancakes with absolutely no sugar. He actually likes them which is a blessing if they end up being okay to eat. This is really challenging, but I know God is faithful and won't give us more than we can handle (even though I am looking at all that desperately needs to get done)! I need to start being okay with a mess everywhere and laundry that doesn't always get done and dinners that can't be made every night. I am wearing a lot of hats right now, but the main one needs to be getting the right nutrition for Paul. Feb. 19th seems so far away to talk to the Dietician. The Dr. told me today some kids wait weeks and weeks and weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment