Monday, February 9, 2009
My apologies to all of you who have called and not gotten a return phone call. I am a bit overwhelmed right now. Paul had a pretty bad day overall. We spent four hours at the hospital for his test and by the end he started feeling awful. We were promised to hear something back about the results today, and of course the office is now closed and no word. I am afraid to feed him anything. I don't want to poison his body further if it is an allergy to glucose. In response to a few different emails regarding my auto immune deficiency, it is very possible for him to have the same issues, however, we have very different symptoms. A few of you also asked about Crohn's Disease which would require a colonoscopy, and the Dr. apparently at this point does not want to do that. He also said the reason they did not do a CT Scan is because of the severity of radiation to the body. I researched Crohn's and did get very unsettled because a lot of the symptoms (except blood in the diarrhea) are similar, but I suppose if the rest of these tests come back negative, they will move forward. It is extremely hard for me to keep waiting. It seems like time is standing still. We are going to work on some more math problems now. I have to say we are definately getting a good education!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi. I almost interrupted your conversation this morning so that I could give you a hug, but I thought it best to let you visit with your friend. I so appreciate this blog. I am encouraged by God's faithfulness to your family. I cannot imagine what it must be like to not have definitive answers. I do know what that's like from my own personal experience, but it's much harder as a parent. I can only imagine the sense of responsibility that you're carrying as you push forward. My main prayer for you is that you rest in God's guiding hand; that you feel peace as you wait for those phone calls, that the experts involved do everything they possibly can, and that God would reveal the answers A.S.A.P. I loved hearing about how God is showing you that He's right there with you as you reap the benefits of the time you're spending with Paul; as you see his bond with his sister strengthen; as you see Paul look outside himself and come to your side. Thanks so much for sharing! We'll continue to pray, pray, pray...Love, in Christ, Linda Harre
ReplyDelete