Sunday, February 8, 2009

Paul's Sickness

I am very thankful for all the blessings we had yesterday. Paul played pretty much all day with his cousins and was able to enjoy the beautiful weather. Lauren enjoyed her end of the season socccer party and a playdate, and I was able to visit my uncle in the ICU at Missouri Baptist for the first time since he was admitted January 2. Please pray for his strength. He just received blood the other day after another surgery. While I was there, I visited with two of my awesome aunts whom I miss dearly. The evening ended with a date to Wildhorse Creek Grill with Paul, Sr. When we returned from dinner, Paul, Jr. was feeling bad. His cheeks started getting flushed around 5:30 (during Lauren's basketball game) and by 8:00 he was back on the couch. He slept pretty well until a few minutes ago. He said he feels horrible, and he has the chills along with his stomach pain. I am very curious what is different about a CT Scan vs. an Ultrasound and x-ray because that and an MRI are about the only things Paul hasn't had yet. I am really praying he is not glucose intolerant because he is really not a big meat person, and glucose is in just about everything. Today will be difficult to try to get him to eat. Basically all he can have is meat and water and a little fruit juice. No carbs, no fiber, no grains, no beans, no dairy. I suppose he will live on bacon and eggs. So many of you have offered to do something or bring a meal, and right now the best thing you can do is pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment