Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Paul's Sickness
After pestering the Dr's office again today, I finally got the dreaded results I was hoping would be negative. Paul is in deed fructose intolerant. We will be getting hooked up with a Dietician to find out exactly what steps need to be taken, but from what knowledge I do have, fructose is in EVERYTHING! He is very saddened by the news because he loves fruit and bagels among all the other obvious foods. I have tried to encourage him that it can always be worse, and at least he doesn't have cancer or leukemia. This is something to be embraced and we just need to put one foot in front of the other. Please pray that he will acquire a liking for meat. All of his meals will have to be cooked in separate pans and served on separate dishes and have to be given to him in another room. I was also warned that in about 1/2 the cases, the strict diet will help the symptoms and the patient gets better, but in the other 1/2 of the cases they do not. Please pray he sees results and can get back to normal activities soon. The cake is already ordered for Friday's party, and he knows he won't be able to eat it or the pizza. Please pray for his acceptance and for my heart to stay strong for him. Thank you and God Bless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment