Monday, February 23, 2009

New Discovery

Paul had a pretty good stretch of feeling well enough to be off of the couch on Sat. but had a pretty good stretch of bad (weak) yesterday. He only had about 1 hr. total off of the couch. I discovered Crest's first ingredient on their label is Sorbitol (a sugar alcohol) that creates similar symptoms to fructose. The dentist always told me his "yellowish" teeth were due to all the antibiotics he took as a baby. Maybe the reason they are decaying is because he is not able to absorb the sorbitol. We will be looking for new toothpaste after our Dr. visit tomorrow. Wow, now my worlds are suddenly colliding. Last year at this time, I was doing research on Prevention mouthwash for my business because the government wants to set new regulations on alcohol ingredients on a variety of products due to their adverse affect on people. Prevention is one of the few companies out there that has a "no alcohol" mouthwash which I wanted to promote along with my "all natural" wipes to the hotel industry. Certain alcohols have been linked to learning disabilities and many other neurological disorders. Other sugar alcohols include maltitol, mannitol, xylitol (which you find in gum a lot) erthrytol, and lactatol. It can be found in Diet soft drinks, sugar-free gum, sugar-free jams and liquid medicines. I was frustrated not to see results adhering to this strict diet for the last three days, but it is literally in EVERYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment