Friday, February 13, 2009
Long Road
God is using my impatience and your prayers in a good way. I couldn't sit around and wait until next week watching this child deteriorate before my very eyes before we can even get a nutrition plan for him. Neither the Pediatrician or Dr. Tarr could give any helpful advice on what to do (except read labels) and couldn't tell me if Buckwheat pancakes are okay and had zero answers on pasta. I found out not all manufacturers are required to list everything on the labels. Paul is down to 96 from 102 in 5 weeks. There has to be a reason for this diagnosis. There is ALWAYS a root cause. That has been HEAVY, HEAVY on my heart. Your prayers are paying off, because a total stranger at Starbucks yesterday overheard my concerned friend inquiring about Fructose Intolerance and intervened to tell me about her Dr.s and what they have done for her many ailments. I came home and made the call right away but got the answering machine but explained the situation in a nut shell and pleaded for help. They called back and got me in yesterday afternoon at 4:00. Usually, first time patients can't get in for weeks (I know this from first hand experience!). I filled out the most extensive paperwork known to mankind. Normal consultations take about an hr. This Dr. spent 2-1/2 hours with Paul. I have NEVER seen anything like it. This Dr. took his blood pressure in three different ways. Standing, sitting and lying down. He could tell me what his blook pressure is supposed to be doing and found out Paul's is not doing anything it is supposed to be doing. Sitting was a 92. Standing was a 92. Lying down was 102! From sitting to standing, it is supposed to go up 6-10. It stayed the same. From standing to lying, it is supposed to go down 6-10. Paul's went up 10! Then the Dr. turned off the light to check his pupils. Of course, they dialated when the light was turned off, however, when he flashed the light in his eyes, they are supposed to constrict and stay constricted. Paul's were pulsing back and forth from dialated to constricted and could not hold their position. This told him two serious issues going on with Paul between his blood pressure and the light tests. First, his adrenals are not working properly and second his kidneys are not able to do their job either. He further examined Paul and explained exactly how our bodies work and gave him specific exercises to do (neurological ones). Paul was very challenged in that area as well. He practiced a few exercises, and discovered that Paul's brain is not sending messages to certain parts of his body, therefore, making him awkward and off balance (issues he has had all his life). He also examined Paul further to find his stomach is actually in his diaphram! NO WONDER IT HURTS. At this point, I am really ticked at 3 other Dr.s! You would think with an Upper GI, Endoscopy, several exams that someone would have known this. CRAZY! We are going back for a hair analysis to find out more about the adrenals and also certain vitamin deficient issues that his body cannot metabolize. He is also going to help us NATURALLY detox the body of the decaying rot inside of him. This Dr. was able to tell me what wheat, dairy and carbs would do to him right now and to avoid at all cost. While this all may seem dim, I have hope that we are on a much better road and in good hands. I am thankful to Dr. Tarr for finding the horrible chemical reactions going on in Paul's body to be intolerant to Fructose and for your continual prayers in this situation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am at a loss for words after reading your latest entry. Unbelievable...what a blessing to have found the new doctor and yes, Praise God for answered prayers!!!!!!!!...this is such an example of endurance...let us know how we can help...Linda
ReplyDeleteMany prayers for you all and that God for Dr.Tarr
ReplyDeleteHang in there and time and patience be with you.
Happy Valentines Day~~Love Aunt Myrna
This is so amazing, Jennifer. I am just absolutely stunned and delighted - in awe of God's answering your prayers by giving you Dr. Tarr! I just called your home today (Feb. 16) and talked with Lauren. Can I come get some laundry? What about any meals for the rest of the family? Please let me know. DeAnn
ReplyDelete