Thursday, March 12, 2009
Frustration
The pediatrician called back today to tell me the blood cortisol level is fine. At this point, I am totally confused. Why would it not be fine on a saliva and hair analysis? She recommended admitting him to the hospital too get in a little sooner than April 1st. She said she has already spoken with Dr. Tarr at Childrens, and he is going to quarterback the situation from here. I should hear something today or tomorrow. She said they will do the necessary additional tests they feel are required, but if everything shows up negative that we have to promise her Paul, Jr. will get some therapy. I think she is still thinking it is "in his head" even after a Fructose Intolerance diagnosis and a low white cell blood count (cut in 1/2 in 6 weeks). Does stress cause a drop in the white blood cells? I am thinking he won't be the only one needing therapy!!!! He has strep throat right now for crying out loud. Does he get that from stress? Obviously, he needs therapy. He has been out sick for the last 3 months and not had any of the fun things in his life since December!! He has prayed to go back to school, prayed to play sports again and prayed that they will find his ailments. She said sometimes when kids are sick for a long time, they want to retreat. He doesn't want to retreat. HE LIVES FOR HIS FRIENDS AND PEOPLE! I barely saw him when he was healthy. He was playing with his cousins daily. I honestly didn't think I could get more frustrated, but I was wrong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment