Thursday, March 12, 2009
Possible Hospital Stay
The pediatrician called back to let me know Dr. Tarr wants to admit Paul to the hospital (Childrens) early next week. They already discussed what will be done. She told me they will do an MRI of the head, a 24 hr. urine analysis, and do more extensive blood testing for the cortisol levels (even though she just told me his are fine). This involves his blood being taken 4 different times throughout the day. She said they will also have a therapist on hand for us. I have asked the school office for all of Paul's work for next week, so he will at least have something to do while he is there. She told me not to worry about his white blood cell count because other things in the blood look fine. Then I got a call from the Diagnostics Center telling me they have a cancellation and can get him in March 18th. I called and left a message to the pediatrician to ask her what we should do now. Should we wait and go to the Diagnostics Center or go with the new plan. I will blog more when I find out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment