Thursday, March 12, 2009

What is it going to take?

Staying asleep is not an easy task these days. Up until last week, I was still able to sleep fairly well. I am thinking "what is it going to take"? This child has missed school (except for maybe 4 days) since December. He has been consistently nauseated daily with intermittent headaches. He has stomach pain, he is loosing weight and now his white blood cell counts have dropped in half since January 30th. I looked up 3.2 white blood cell count, and am not even sure he would be strong enough for chemotherapy if his counts go much lower. Today will be a long day waiting on the blood results of the cortisol. However, I am a little confused because I thought in order to test accurately, he would need to do a series of blood work through the day. He only gave blood in the morning. I asked her about a CT scan for his head, but she wants to wait for the results of the cortisol levels first. I have been reflecting back to some of Paul's head injuries and concussions. It has been a few years since his last head injury. I believe he has already had two CT scans for those concussions. Thinking back to his stomach aches and feeling like he was going to vomit this past summer, each stomach ache was accompanied with a headache. To my knowledge, he was never constipated. I have been trying to do as much research as possible on all of these issues. The Fructose Intolerance diagnosis is hard and complicated, but we have cut his sugars out for over a month with no improvement in his well being, especially the nausea. The nauseated feeling doesn't seem like it would be food related, and if it is, then should have at least subsided by now. I would think getting him to the Diagnostics Center would be considered a higher priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment