Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Proibotics

I asked the Dr. if I should give Paul yogurt with his meds to help keep the good bacteria in his gut. She recommended BD Lactinex and said it is a very good proibotic. Hopefully it will help. He has been unable to talk much of the afternoon due to the soreness. He did get some homework done this afternoon and also went to the grocery store with me to pick out some sugar-free popscicles with aspartame (which is supposed to be okay). Of course, I am not in favor of aspartame but am desperate. So far, he doesn't seem to be any worse on the medicine and its been 4 hours. Paul and I have decided not to give him the DHEA until he is further examined at the Diagnostics Center, however, I am pushing to allow the Licorice Root and Eleuthero. They seem harmless and can only help his immune system deal with all of these issues. The only time Licorice Root would be a concern is if he had high blood pressure and Paul's is low. Everything I have read on it indicates Licorice Root could help many of his symptoms related to his adrenals especially with his fatigue and weakness. Paul is still not sold on these remedies or this Dr. I want to be submissive but also want to cure my son. Any experts on Licorice Root out there? I know the Chinese have been using it medically for hundreds and hundreds of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment